Monday, March 8, 2010

Be yourself – By being like others!!!


The statement seems to be a trick one, but thought provoking. We have always been driven by what the code of the society is, be it in any scenario - youth, fashion, trend, religion and even Christianity. We (It includes me also) what the society goes by, for instance in Delhi University, the foot ware code is; All start- Converse! I was taken by surprise how the majority is wearing the same.

In Christian circle there is also of pressure to keep up to the standard, if one is new believer (Sorry bro can help it), you got to speak in English, learn the Christian lingo and stuff. But you can never be what you are!

Nobody is talking about failures or personal struggles in life, when they meet for a corporate gathering, the conversation goes like this

A: Hi! How are you doing?

B: I am doing fine/great! Thank you, How about you?

A: I am also doing fine! So, what up….. and the conversation goes on into some common topic and not talking about themselves.

But I know for sure, there must be so much grief A or B is going through, if they share it might turn out to be shameful event…which I avoid too!!!

Our idea or concept or perception about everything has been influenced by others. For instance about – career; it has to be rewarding, visible growth in career, no failures etc. but that is not the truth. Unless one goes through it all by himself, without the influence of other; then, he has learnt it.

I am deeply alarmed after a discussion with my friend; what people teach is always from their view point, understanding and what they have experience in life. If you take for instance a philosophy professor, If he is an atheist his arguments would always aligning to his beliefs. Take me for example, all my life I had been with the company of boys, and I think in lines of a male chauvinist, unlike my friend, who looks from a different angle defending the girls.

Dr.Ken of ATCS, a renowned theologian , who also is an environmentalist…. Is now teaching from the perspective what he has been influenced by…. Is it right!!!

Ps: I have no personal grudge against him, I deeply respect for who he is and what he is.

I have a question at this point! Then how does one learn, if not taught by others.

Again, you might be said, Emmanuel you shouln’t be writing all this stuff. I am asking you, who said so?

No comments:

Post a Comment