Friday, March 19, 2010

Two sides of a coin

My laziness has brought me at least today to write this stuff; else you would have had this write up long back! I was returning from work in a little crowded bus, in front of me was seated a very decent 30 + years woman. After a short drive, a guy in his shabby dirty clothes, was asking for water to the conductor, He said No water! The driver also exclaimed – No water! From nowhere this woman picks up her bottle of water and offers it to this guy. I did not expect nor did that guy, that this woman would offer her water. You might think – I am too judgmental about people especially women, But, the fact is, if you would have witnessed it. It would be something unusual as it was to me. I was thinking, YES this world still has LOVE to offer.

Scene B! In the busy metros, I get into the train with an elderly man, in metro trains you have reserved seats for special people- Women, Aged, and differently able. As usual at the sight of an elderly person, one will offer his/her seat. In this case the elderly man was offer a seat (it was reserved for ladies). The elderly man gladly accepted the offer. After a couple of stations a 30+ years woman enters the train. She gets close to the seat, and gives in gestures saying- hey old man this seat is for ladies, so you better get up!!! After a couple of moments the elderly gentleman feels the vibes and offers her the seat. In no time there was another swap and the elderly gentleman was offer a seat side by. (This is a general seat). The point here I want to make is, in this scenario would you go by rules/regulations or by humanity concern. I would definitely go by the later. I felt that the woman should not have disturbed the elderly man.

No comments:

Post a Comment