Wednesday, March 31, 2010

CHILD LIKE LOVE!

I parked my bike and walked past the kids who were playing Badminton. Those kids must have been 10 or 11 yrs old. There were three kids in all - Pinky, Tina, and Bunty. (Names changed- bhuu!) Pinky and Bunty were playing, hardly able to lift the racquet. I guess it’s been a while; Tina was waiting for her chance to swing the racquet. The deal was, whoever misses the shuttle cock will be replaced by the other. I was watching these beautiful kids, all colorfully dressed up, full of innocence. (I hope so!). Pinky missed the cock, and said, “No, no. Let’s start from the beginning.” So they agreed and resumed the game. After some time Pinky repeats the same. Pinky started to dominate. I wondered why? Pinky missed the next time too, and there was an argument. “Pinky, now you better move. Bunty and I will play”, said Tina. In no time Pinky took the cock and started explaining the rules to both Tina and Bunty.
“Listen, this is my shuttle cock and I will tell you the rules and I will decide who has to play with me. For you both, it is after 3 changes that you both will shuffle. But, for me it is 25 times. Immediately Tina and bunty said, “No, no. That is not the way. We will not play with you.” Quickly, Bunty ran to call his elder’s sister to justify the play. Tina did not know how to react to this. If she were an adult, she definitely would have given Pinky, a piece of her mind.
I was really taken aback by these scenes. Kids are kids. I guess they don’t harbor hatred or grudge against each other; it must be just for that moment, unlike elders who, in fact, preserve all the anger and grudge and one find day explode – which could be deadly and dangerous.
Let not situations be a hindrance to loving the other person!

1 comment:

  1. Very observant......it's in these mundane activities that profound lessons are learned......those who care to observe and reflect

    ReplyDelete