Thursday, May 26, 2011

Winning takes time

It’s been a while since I wrote an article. I have been introspecting about my future and actively perceiving things. Working for God, is the greatest honor. People have looked down on ministers who have been in the ministry and looking for help form others. (From God means, God passing help through humans)

But, I don’t want to be tagged like that. The few months I was in ministry at Delhi. I am sure that God gave me enough to give to others. I follow this principle. ‘Giving is better than receiving’

During my summer break from seminary, Dad passed on a mission magazine to me called ‘Ethne’. The title for this particular issue was ‘A new breed of Professionals’ –Tent making. It caught my attention and it had all what was on my mind.

Tent making is an interesting concept which I would recommend. In simple it is moving into a needy place, where the gospel is not reached and it’s hard to penetrate. There you find a job in that environment to sustain yourself and family (If married) and do the primary work of the gospel. (At this point, many would argue which is the primary task? Work or Gospel. Well for me there should be a striking balance. )

Some individuals who are tentmakers in India are people who have relocated to North India, picked up secular jobs in educational institutions as teachers, lecturers, in the field of medicine as doctors, nurses, employed in Social Development sector to name a few. Tentmakers deliberately create opportunity to get engaged with gospel work.

I can picture myself being a tentmaker. Well this is about my career. But what about my personal and family life? It is a BIG question mark for me till this day. One thing is for sure; God has his own tricks and plans up his sleeves.I believe that he will deliver at the right time.

It’s been close to two years, since I have been in North India. Well I am not boasting about my experience. I know two years is so less a time. But, let me share my experience. Any given day, I love South India - food, family, culture, people, atmosphere, language and all about South India. Hmmm… Girls too J. I have never been appreciative of North India. I guess it is the mindset.

I was wondering if I would settle down with a girl of my choice in South India doing ministry (If this is what God wants from me.) Well, I would be the world’s greatest fool if I am on my own, thinking that I am doing according to God’s plan, which I am not doing. When I think about this I tremble.

I always had this on my mind. (I should check with God if he is also thinking in these lines.) I would settle down with my wife in a place where there is a real need. Having been acquainted with few domains, I thought I would get engaged with people in ministry.

-Teaching music, all what I know Drums, Guitar, Keyboard

-Teach in an educational institute- School, College, Bible College

-Social Development Work

- Church Work

These are some of the things that are on my mind

I would agree with the article mentioned earlier ‘A new breed….’, Where emphasis is given on the entire family getting involved in ministry through tent making. One thing I ask God and I long for is a person who loves the Lord and his work. I have seen couples, who are tent makers and it excites me.

I would like to thank God for such a family like mine. My parents are always open for discussion, especially dad, he is my hero. I look up to him for all what he is. We share a lot of stuff though we differ in many areas. But we love each other. The other day, I was watching a TV program. It had a presentation of all the Presidents of India. I was wondering how individuals could become the head of the nation, and how they have influenced the society. Can I become one? Not a President, but an influential person?

1 comment:

  1. Excellent piece, enjoyed every bit of it. I hope and pray that God will bless u with a wife who has a heart for the things u have expressed. By the way, from where did you get the background image for your blog? :) it's beautiful

    ReplyDelete